Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Decorative Christmas Gifts and other Christmas Decoration topics.
If you are giving a special Christmas gift to someone and want to make it even more personal, you can also make your decorative Christmas gift bag in which to put the gift you are giving. Making your own Christmas gift bag is a wonderful way to personalize your gift even more, because you took the time to make a bag to put it in. You can even make a Christmas gift bag that goes with the theme of what you are giving as a gift. For example, if you are giving your guy a NASCAR ornament, you can make a NASCAR gift bag by following the directions below:
1. Purchase a plain gift bag at a craft store or retail store. It can be any color you wish, just make sure it has no other decorations on it.
2. Draw a design you want to put on the front of the gift bag on a separate piece of paper. Cut out.
3. Using a material of your choice, whether it is foam craft squares or a fabric such as felt, trace your cut out design around the fabric and cut out.
4. Using a hot glue gun, glue your fabric pieces or foam pieces onto the gift bag where you think it will look the best.
5. If you want, you can add ribbon you have purchased, small pieces of decorative wooden craft squares or whatever else by gluing them in various places throughout the bag.
6. Let the bag dry and be prepared to have people be impressed with this easy and fun decorative Christmas gift bag!
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|